Monday, September 04, 2006

CopperCon in Tempe, Arizona

This was the smallest conference I've been to but I did enjoy it. I got a nice picture of Diane Duane and Peter Morwood. I'd have to say that my favorite panel was about young adult novels. In other panels I've been to about YA, the authors tended to say that authors didn't have any obligation to their young readers. In WorldCon, I was revolted by the panelists: it seemed like they were praising themselves for being the first people to introduce children to sex and homosexuality.

The CopperCon panelists were much more conservative. One person made a comment that they’ve heard from some authors that they have no obligation to their readers and that those are the same authors that don’t sell books because libraries and parents won’t buy them for their children (because of the adult material in them).

No comments: