Thursday, February 12, 2009

Major Dental Work

I just posted my latest newsletter on my site. Read it at http://www.paraworlds.com/newsletter/2009-02.php

Here's a snippet:

Thud-Thud-Thud Crash! Look, Mommy, No Teeth!

Okay, so now that the pain was finally subsiding on his ankle, he just got some MAJOR dental work done this week. They pulled out his two front teeth, gave him six crowns, and filled three or four cavities. The kid's only two years old! That’s what happens when you don’t use your mouth to eat or drink for an extended period of time (he still gets some of his food from a tube at night). Fortunately, the government footed the bill because of his special needs. I can't imagine how much that would have been. He was at the office for 8 hours. They had to get a special anesthesiologist to put him under, and the surgery took like 3 hours.

What can I say? Brush those teeth . . . even if you’re not using them!

Jared Peterson with no front teeth

No comments: