Monday, September 04, 2006

I Lost My Job



Every time I go on vacation I have this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to come back into work and not have a job. Well, it finally happened to me last week.

Strange thing is that when I came back to work, they didn't lay me off that first day because our computer system was having problems and they needed me to get them out of the jam. The next day they laid me off.

I've been working for them for 6 years. They said I no longer had the skills they needed, which is hogwash, since out of the three programmers they had, I was the only one who had accomplished the set of tasks given every week for the past month. There's nothing they've ever asked me to do that I couldn't do, and I was quite comfortable with the programming language. Anyway, it was nice while it lasted. I wish them success, especially since my wife is still working for them and we did leave on good terms.

I just created an LLC, so that should be interesting.

No comments: