Friday, December 26, 2008

My Smoky, Stinky Christmas

Originally posted HERE

Since this was going to be a light Christmas for us, I was shocked at how many presents my wife had miraculously come up with for our 5 boys. Turns out that she had bought a bunch of things 10 years ago when we first got married but never gave them to our kids. So even though we didn’t spend much this year, our boys still got a nice stash of toys. I gave them 14 DVDs crammed with cartoons. That’ll keep em busy for a while.

Two interesting things happened on Christmas: 1. Some secret Santa dropped off a sack of toys at our door, after we had already opened our presents. This wasn’t just a meager gift . . . this was a full blown Christmas in a sack. We decided to keep most of the toys for future birthdays. Looks like Santa dropped his sack when he was flying over our house! 2. One of my twins decided to microwave a little bean bag, and it pretty much set fire to our microwave and smoked out our entire house. I spent the night opening windows, fanning smoke, and moving around our ozone filters to get rid of the smell. It’s still pretty strong. My wife was very upset because all she wanted to do was sleep. I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep on Christmas Eve, but I wasn’t tired so I stayed up until 4:30 AM. Too much Christmas spirit lingering around, I guess! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope you all have a happy New Year.

No comments: